Here we do try to restrict their access and we do verify every single new profile created... however, some will pass the verification.
But lets write about how to spot them. These are not 100% accurate, but they match most of the scammers, especially those from African countries. The African scammers (Nigeria, Ghana, etc) are not so smart as the Russian scammers or the Chinese. Anyway, here we go:
- The username, the profile name usually includes words like love or God, to give the impression that the scammer is someone honest who fears God or a lovely person; it may contain other good qualities, too. Examples: linda4love
- The profile photo it's a photo of a very beautiful person, in some cases, or it is just the stupid Windows background, flowers, cute animals it other cases. I don't know why they don't use normal photos, like I've said, most of the scammers are dumb - sad they many of them will manage to find dumber honest people to scam
- Many scammers registering on dating sites are Africans, living happily in African countries like Senegal, Ghana, Nigeria. However, they're dumb enough (like I wrote above) to use photos of beautiful blonde blue eyes young girls - they must believe that the world thinks that every African country is South Africa, since they try to create this image of the African viking woman :) ... and even in S. Africa the white skin people are not so many, as far as I know
- Many scammers don't even spend the time to write a normal profile description, using small phrases like "I tell you later" or "i am honest and good looking young girl" in an endless loop, while other write entire novels, describing themselves as lovely honest persons, God fearing persons, etc
|Kitty the scammer :)|
- Don't send personal information to anyone you, especially to people you've never met; this includes addresses, full name, social number and, God forbids, credit card numbers, bank account, etc.
- Don't send money or any other material good to anyone, especially to people you never met or you met only online. Once they're sure you grown some feelings for them, scammers will ask you for cash for various reasons: hospital bills for sick relatives or themselves or even money to get the visa or buy the plane ticket to come and visit you in your country - imagine that!
- Use your brain to think - if something smells rotten, it probably is rotten. On the other hand, if something looks to good to be true, probably it is not true.
- Check the SCAM button on every suspicious profile page that you will find - the SCAM is the last one in line, just under the title